Your Rates Notice Explained
A breakdown of how to read your City of Melville rates notice.
Charges on Your Rate Notice
- All relevant charges will be listed in the middle section of your rate notice.
- About your rates and charges.
- Pensioners/Seniors Rebates.
Early Payment Due Date
Full payment needs to be received at the City of Melville by this date to be eligible for the Early Payment Prize Draw (14 August for 2017).
Gross Rental Value
- This is set by the Valuer Generals Office.
- A conservative estimate of the amount the property could be rented for in one year (if rented).
Rate in the Dollar
- This is set by the City of Melville.
- This is the 'Cents per dollar' of GRV that the City charges in rates.
- Total amount due if paid by the Due Date.
Receive your notice by email.
If you have an enquiry regarding your rate notice, or wish to change your details, please contact Customer Service on 1300 635 845 or 9364 0666 or