Rates & Charges Information
Find all the details of what your rates pay for, the services the City offers as well as fees and levies.
Click on the each of the following to see more details:
+ 1. Early Payment Due Date
- Full payment needs to be received at the City of Melville by this date to be eligible for the Early Payment Prize Draw (10 August for 2016).
+ 2. Gross Rental Value
- This is set by the Valuer Generals Office.
- A conservative estimate of the amount the property could be rented for in one year (if rented).
+ 3. Rate in the Dollar
- This is set by the City of Melville.
- This is the 'Cents per dollar' of GRV that the city charges in rates.
+ 4. Breakdown of your Rates Notice
- All relevant charges will be listed here.
+ 5. Amount Due
- Total amount due if paid by the Due Date.
+ 6. Prize Draws
- Pay your rates in full by the early payment date of Wednesday, 10 Augist 2016 and you will automatically be entered into the Early Payment Prize Draw.
- Register to receive your rate notices online, via eRates, BPay View or MyPost Digital Mailbox by Wednesday, 24 August 2016, and you will automatically be entered in to the Paperless Prize Draw.
+ 7. Payment Method
- Please take the rates notice with you if you wish to pay at the Post Office. The Bar Code will link directly to your residence and the City of Melville
+ 8. Objections and Appeals Provision
- Appeals relating to the Gross Rental Value.
- Appeals relating to other details on the rates notice.
- Payments must be made by the due date even whilst the appeal is being assessed.
+ 9. Pensioners and Seniors
There is a maximum seniors rebate of $288.70.
+ 10. Change of Address
- it is the responsibility of the owner to advise the rates department whenever a change of postal address takes place
If you have an enquiry regarding your rates notice, please contact customer service on 1300 635 845 or