Garage Sale Trail
Australia’s biggest garage sale is happening over two days on Saturday, 21 and Sunday, 22 October 2017. Register your sale NOW!
This year’s Garage Sale Trail was the biggest yet, with the City of Melville finishing top in WA and fourth in Australia, with nearly 400 sellers and an estimated 5,000 shoppers.
Most sellers that took part on the day may have some unsold items leftover, so here’s a few suggestions to reduce waste and encourage reuse in our community:
- Have items of value? - Sell it on Ebay or Gum Tree to get some extra cash
- Store items for next year's sale, or host your own garage sale
- Can't bear to throw it away? - Store it with Storage King. You can get one month free if you quote Garage Sale Trail when booking.
- Donate items to charity shops or drop clothes off to charity bins in your neighbourhood
- Download and check out the recycle right app to see what you can recycle in your yellow top bin
- Check out your next verge collection date and find out what to do with e-waste and hazardous waste, by visiting melvillecity.com.au/waste
If you have exhausted all other options and simple can't recycle, reuse or repurpose items, then take them to the Cockburn or Canning tip (fees apply).
Do NOT DUMP items or place them in public litter bins, it is illegal and could result in hefty fines.