Noongar Boodja Waakiny Talking About Noongar Country
Details traditional Noongar culture by completing a guided tour of the Bidi Katitjiny Aboriginal Womens Trail, which is based on the Noongar six seasons, with a local Aboriginal guide.
Learn all about the Noongar culture and the Aboriginal Six Seasons whilst out on country with a Noongar cultural educator.
Please note: This program is offered on Thursdays only.
1.5 - 2 hours, depending on age level and number of students.
Cost is $250.00 per class, this covers a cost of $200.00 for the Aboriginal guide fee and $50.00 for the City of Melville venue booking fee, per class.
This program has been aligned to the National Curriculum Standards in Science, History, Geography and English for Foundation Level through to Level Ten.
Program is also tailored for senior secondary, tertiary and all adult upon request.
- Guided tour of Bidi Katitjiny Aboriginal Women's Trail, (using the five senses to explore the traditional Noongar use of plants and the land), with local Aboriginal guide
- Discussion of land use
- Discussion of the Noongar six seasons
- Discussion of sustainable lifestyle
- Dream-story-time, song and dance, and traditional ochre face painting (if resources are available).
- Upon request follow up worksheets based on the Noongar Six Seasons (and other relevant topics for your age level) will be provided for your use in the classroom.
As an alternative you can conduct this walk as a self-guided tour, as was the original intention of the learning trail. Access your script to the right of page.
How to Book
Access the online booking request form.