PHAZE is the City of Melville's legal urban art painting program for young people aged 12-25. From September to April you can work with a professional Artist to paint skate parks and walls around the City. All paint and lunch is provided and the program is FREE! So register to be part of this season's PHAZE.
The 2017-18 PHAZE season is here and it's turning 10! Help us celebrate and get involved.
To register, complete the online registration form. You only have to complete this form once every PHAZE season, and we'll then send you reminders before each session.
Something to remember - PHAZE is a legal painting project so no illegal tags or pieces...
If tags or pieces painted as part of the PHAZE project can be connected to illegal graffiti the City of Melville may be required to provide information to the WA Police for further investigation.
PHAZE 2017-2018 schedule
All sessions run from 10.30am to 3.00pm approx.
- Sunday September 24: Leeming Skate Park
- Sunday October 29: Bull Creek Skate Park
- Sunday November 19: Melville Skate Park - 1 week early due to skate event
- Sunday December 17: Hometown Melville Wall - the laneway next to JB Hifi in Myaree - POSTPONED DUE TO WEATHER - WILL BE RESCHEDULED.
- Sunday January 21: Hometown Melville Wall, the laneway next to JB Hifi in Myaree -1 week early due to Australia Day long weekend
- Sunday February 25: Melville Skate Park
- Sunday March 25: Leeming Skate Park
- Sunday April 22: Bull Creek Skate Park - 1 week early for National Youth Week
- Sunday May 27: Hometown Melville Wall - near JB Hifi in Myaree - extra session due to cancellation in December.
Leeming Skate Park - Farrington Rd, Leeming
Bull Creek Skate Park - Parry Ave, Bull Creek
Melville Skate Park - cnr Stock Rd and Canning Hwy, Melville (just behind AH Bracks Library)
Hometown Melville - Leach Hwy Myaree - behind JB Hifi
For further information please email Jo McKay
The history of PHAZE
In May 2007, a group of young people approached the City of Melville with a petition of 250 signatures asking for a legal place to create aerosol art.
The result was PHAZE or as it's sometimes called, Melville Legals.
PHAZE is a youth art project running out of the Melville, Leeming and Bull Creek skate parks and gives young people the freedom to paint their own designs
The project has given participants aged 12 to 24 years the chance to express themselves and develop their skills, as well as give them the opportunity to work with Urban Artist Dan Duggan.
PHAZE is perfect for anyone, beginners or old school it's a relaxing and fun place to get your art seen.
PHAZE runs nine urban art sessions a year, with three months off during winter.
The City of Melville provides all materials FREE of cost as well as sunscreen, water and lunch - all you need to do is register and have a rough idea of what you want to paint on the day.
Local residents, friends and families are also encouraged to come down and watch.