Friendly Neighbourhoods Grants
Friendly Neighbourhoods Grants up to $250 are available for individuals and community groups to host events that help connect local communities.
The City is keen to support events that promote Friendly Neighbourhoods, through connecting local communities and help build new networks. This may include welcoming newcomers to an area and/or encouraging community participation.
Existing community groups such as school and sporting groups are not encouraged to apply.
Eligiblily to apply:
- Must be a resident or/and businesses within the City of Melville
- Events hosted within the City of Melville
- Events will take place at least four weeks after the grant application is submitted
- Applicant must have completed acquittal from any previous funding
- Up to $250 can be funded per calendar year
- Events must be hosted within the City of Melville on public property. E.g. parks, verges
- Grants are only available to the City of Melville community. E.g. residents and local businesses
- Applicants should allow four weeks from the time the application is received to receive the funds
- Copies of receipts and photos of the event must be submitted within one month of the event to acquit the funds.
- Examples of things that can be funded include sausages, buns, condiments etc. for sausage sizzles, catering for street parties, cost to print Friendly Neighbour cards to promote events, coffee van for a street event, etc.
How much funding do I ask for?
Funding amounts will be determined by the number of attendees expected at the event. As a guide:
- 20-30 people $100
- 40-60 people $200
- 60 + maximum of $250
The following will not be considered for funding:
- Events at the rear of properties (backyards)
- Events taking place outside the prescribed timeline (4 weeks)
- Alcohol and permits to consume alcohol
- Private or invitation only events.
How to apply?
If the project fits the guidelines, you can complete the online Application Form now.
Copies of receipts, photos and evidence the event has been promoted to the wider community needs to be submitted within 1 month of event to acquit the funds.
If acquittal requirements are not met, recipients may be asked to reimburse the funding.
It’s recommended that you contact us for support and advice prior to applying. Please email the Healthy Melville Coordinator or call 9364 0280.