Kidsport enables WA children to participate in community sport and recreation, no matter their financial circumstances
KidSport enables Western Australian children to participate in community sport and recreation, no matter their financial circumstances. Eligible youth aged 5–18 years can apply for financial assistance to contribute towards club fees. The fees will go directly to the registered KidSport clubs through their participating local government. While the primary objective of KidSport is to ensure all Western Australian children can participate in sport and recreation clubs, its secondary objective is to engage these children and their families in the community.
What are the eligible criteria?
- Applicant must be aged 5-18 years.
- Applicant must have a Health Care Card or Pension Concession Card
- An approved KidSport Financial Assesor can assess an individuals circumstance. More details through the link http://www.dsr.wa.gov.au/funding/individuals/kidsport/information-for-kidsport-financial-assessors
- Applicant's primary place of residence must be in the local government area they are applying to.
- Funding will cover the cost of registration fees only to join the nominated sport or recreation club.
- The City will accept registrations from the current sporting season and ideally within the first half of that season. Applicants may not be approved if after this period.
- Maximum of up to $200 per child per calendar year for Registration Fees only.
- Fees are only for the nominated registered season.
- Retrospective applications or payment of fees are not eligible (applicants that have already commenced playing the current season).
- No limitation to applications per family as long as criteria is met.
- Visit the on-line portal http://www.dsr.wa.gov.au/funding/individuals/kidsport
- Please ensure you have access to a scanner, or have an electronic copy of your Health Care / Pensioner concession card so it is ready to attach as a file online.
- Successful applicants will receive an email with a six-character code they can submit to their club.
- Clubs need to be a registered KidSport club - http://www.dsr.wa.gov.au/portal/club-sign-up
- Upon receiving the unique code, process child per Club's registration procedure.
- Tthe City request this to take NO longer than 6 months as the funding allocated may no longer be available.
- The club is to invoice the City for the costs associated with the registration fees only (up to $200) and send to the City via DSR website or email.
- If a child does not attend your club, please advise the City of Melville.
- The invoice will be processed within the City's payment process. Payments genreally take between two and four weeks upon the City receiving an invoice. Please make sure the correct postal address or bank details are on the invoice as a cheque will be forwarded as payment for the voucher.
- * Please Note: When the grant funds are exhausted there may be a longer timeframe for payments to be made.
KidSport online registration
For Club registation and information: http://www.dsr.wa.gov.au/clubs
To Find a Club http://www.dsr.wa.gov.au/portal/find-a-club
For more information please contact 1300 635 845 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Or for further information about KidSport please visit their website http://www.dsr.wa.gov.au/funding/individuals/kidsport