Programs and Services
There are many activities based at City of Melville Recreation Centres and in the broader community that are accessible for people with disabilities.
For LeisureFit Centres opening hours and contact details click here. For more information about specific accessible facilities, activities and programs at LeisureFit Melville and LeisureFit Booragoon click here.
City of Melville residents who are full time students, pension or disability concession card holders, can obtain a 20% subsidy on recreation centre memberships, and a 10% subsidy on casual entry and multi visit passes. Carers are provided free entry p rovided they are not participating in an activity or taking the place of a paying customer.
For more information about social and leisure activities within the City of Melville, contact our customer service team on 1300 635 845.
What is Activelink?
Activelink supports eligible City of Melville residents of all abilities to participate in sport, recreation, leisure and other activities (such as creative art classes, library activities or programs or dance classes). It provides support to those who face challenges, difficulties or barriers to participate. This may include language and cultural barriers, financial difficulties, feeling isolated or having a disability (or different ability).
Activelink encourages greater social participation. It aims to improve the health, self-confidence and skills of our residents and encourages people to get to know others in their local community through activities of their choice.
Vouchers are issued to eligible City of Melville residents for approved activities and fees are paid directly to activity providers. Chosen activities may be undertaken anywhere but we encourage you to use local community facilities within Melville. The program is designed to be flexible and responsive to individual needs and circumstances.
Important: Activelink Changes as from 1 January 2018.
Please note that for the six month period from 1 January - 30 June 2018, Activelink amount of $100 applicant/$300 family will be given to eligible residents.
From 1 July 2018, Activelink will be on a financial year. Applicants can reapply for Activelink for this financial year up to $200 per person and $600 per family.
Applicants can only apply for Activelink in two consecutive years (takes effect from 2018/19 Financial Year).
Vouchers cannot be requested for clothing/sporting equipment/art supplies/other equipment.
If you are interested in applying for an Activelink Voucher, please read the following Program Guidelines before applying:
Activelink - Program Guidelines
Who can apply for Activelink?:
A person applying for Activelink -
- has read and understands the program guidelines
- is a City of Melville resident
- is experiencing a barrier to participation as a result of a disability, culturally diverse background and financial hardship or exceptional
- is able to provide proof of low income (eligible Centrelink cards), financial hardship or exceptional circumstances. Exceptional circumstances may arise due to sudden loss of employment, death or illness of parent/carer/child
- has not received Activelink in two consecutive years (takes effect from 2018/19 financial year)
- is not applying for an activity currently covered by Kidsport
- only two vouchers will be issued for each individual per year (total of vouchers must not exceed the allocated funding for the financial year)
- vouchers cannot be requested for clothing/sporting equipment/art supplies/other equipment
- is not applying for an activity currently covered by Seniors Assistance Fund (SAF)
(* Note: proof of low income must be provided such as a Centrelink Health Care Card, Centrelink Pensioner Concession Card or Department of Veterans' Affairs Pensioner Concession Card). Applicants who do not have a card can apply under a one-off exceptional circumstances basis that includes sudden loss of employment, death or illness of parent/carer/child.
Things to consider before you apply for Activelink:
- Applicants 5-18 years applying for an activity covered under Kidsport will not be approved. Please visit the Kidsport website or Search through Find a Club
- Applicants can only apply for Activelink in two consecutive years (takes effect from 2018/19 financial year)
- Eligible families can obtain a maximum of $600 per family
How do I apply for Activelink:
- Apply - online Activelink 2017-2018
- Visit the Blue Gum or Willagee Community Centre to obtain a hard copy form.
Need some more information or assistance please contact:
Please contact our Social Justice Advocate 9364 0864 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are experiencing financial hardship and do not have a health care card, please contact our Social Justice Advocate. Gemma Blagrove 9364 0864.
If you require assistance completing the online application form or would like a hard copy please contact email@example.com or contact our Social Justice Advocate, or visit Blue Gum or Willagee Community Centre.:
Blue Gum Community Centre - 33-35 Moolyeen Road Brentwood
Ph: 9364 0148
Willagee Community Centre - corner of Archibald and Winnacott Streets, Willagee
Ph: 9364 0848
Find out more information about our community centres.
Other Access Contacts:
National Relay Service 133 677 (TTY) 1300 555 727 (speech relay) www.relayservice.gov.au (internet and captioned relay)
Translating and Interpreting Service (TIS) 131 450