Join the City in partnership with the Melville-Cockburn Chamber of Commerce, and attend the popular Business Forum and Breakfast Series events, all focused on small to medium businesses.
In 2017 a business event will be held every quarter, providing small to medium businesses with the opportunity to access practical skills, tips and tools you can take away and implement in your business.
The annual and popular Your Business Our Future Business Forum is the highlight event, and in 2017 will focus on 'Small Business Essentials." For event details and to register click here.
In addition, the Business Breakfast Series will continue in the the 2nd and 3rd quarter. See details below.
Upcoming events - 2017
Your Business Our Future Business Forum - "Small Business Essentials"
For more details click here .***REGISTER NOW TO AVOID DISSAPOINTMENT***
Wednesday, 31 May 2017, 4.00pm to 8.00pm
Local businesses are invited to attend the 2017 Your Business Our Future forum, with a special focus this year on ‘Small Business Essentials.’
The popular forum will include presentations, an EXPO showcasing an array of business related services and a networking session to close the evening.
Small to medium businesses will have access to relevant business insights, resources and information including:
- practical skills, tips and tools
- economic updates and insights
- access to a variety of business services
- growth and development updates in the City of Melville
- training and development options
- networking opportunities
The key note Speakers will include:
- Chief Economist, Chamber of Commerce and Industry of WA
- Small Business Commissioner, Small Business Development Corporation
Business Breakfast Series
3rd Quarter - Save the date! Thursday 27 July 2017
4th Quarter - Save the date! Thursday 26 October 2017
- 7.30am to 9.00am
- City of Melville Civic Centre Conference Room
Previous 2017 Events
1st Quarter – Management and leadership skills workshop - Thursday 30 March 2017
Today’s leaders and managers require emotional intelligence (EQ) as much as I.Q. to understand, learn and relate across all areas of their business. Streamlining operational processes and systems can transform enterprises through: ensuring safe workplaces, effectively managing budgets and finances, sustaining continuous improvement, refining recruitment, engaging performance management and planning that values human resources.
- Use the four personality styles to assess your own leadership style
- Understand the characteristics of excellent teams
- Problem solving and solutions assessments
- Seven steps to solve problems
- Coach yourself, coach your team
- Eight strategic questions managers must ask
- Practical take home workbook
Previous 2016 Events
Your Business Our Future Business Forum - 1 June 2016
My Future Melville Speaker Series
- Melville District Activity Centre - 25 August 2016
- Murdoch Activity Centre - 15 September 2016
- Canning Bridge Activity Centre - 22 September 2016
- Willagee Structure Plan - 13 October 2016
- Melville City Centre and Riseley Centre - 20 October 2016