Murdoch Drive Connection
The Murdoch Drive Connection will extend Murdoch Drive south from Farrington Road, connecting to Roe Highway and Kwinana Freeway and will include a realignment of Bibra Drive disconnecting it from Farrington Road.
If you live, work or play in and around Murdoch, Bull Creek, Bateman, Leeming, Kardinya or Winthrop, you are encouraged to find out more about the new Murdoch Drive Connection Project.
Of particular concern to the City of Melville is the proposed realignment of Bibra Drive to tie-in to a new roundabout at the southern end of Murdoch Drive therefore disconnecting it from Farrington Road.
Scope of works
- Murdoch Drive realigned and extended to Farrington Road.
- A grade separation at Farrington Road and Murdoch Drive.
- Extension of Murdoch Drive from Farrington Road to provide connectivity with Kwinana Freeway and Roe Highway.
- A new roundabout on Murdoch Drive, between Farrington Road and Bramanti Road. This will intersect with the existing Allendale Entrance roundabout.
- The realignment of Bibra Drive to tie-in to a new roundabout at the southern end of Murdoch Drive; disconnecting it from Farrington Road.
- Bridge improvements over Kwinana Freeway.
- New Principal Shared Path along the Kwinana Freeway.
- Shared path along Murdoch Drive to Farrington Road (including local connections to Hope Road and Peterborough Circle).
- New footbridge west of Kwinana Freeway over Murdoch Drive.
- Noise wall adjacent to residential properties.
The project is currently in the detailed planning stage with construction expected to begin in mid-late 2017.
For more information visit the Main Roads WA Murdoch Drive Connection project page, phone 138 138 or email email@example.com.