Murdoch Drive Connection
The $100 million Murdoch Drive Connection project comprises the extension of Murdoch Drive south from Farrington Road to provide connections to Roe Highway and Kwinana Freeway. The project has been planned in various forms for more than 10 years and is required to reduce congestion, provide better access to Fiona Stanley Hospital and help the Murdoch Activity Centre (MAC) meet its economic potential as a major employment and research centre.
If you live, work or play in and around Murdoch, Bull Creek, Bateman, Leeming, Kardinya or Winthrop, you are encouraged to find out more about the new Murdoch Drive Connection Project.
Scope of works
- Murdoch Drive realigned and extended to Farrington Road.
- A grade separation at Farrington Road and Murdoch Drive.
- Extension of Murdoch Drive from Farrington Road to provide connectivity with Kwinana Freeway and Roe Highway.
- A new roundabout on Murdoch Drive, between Farrington Road and Bramanti Road. This will intersect with the existing Allendale Entrance roundabout
- A new roundabout on Bibra Drive, providing a connection to Murdoch Drive
- Bridge improvements over Kwinana Freeway.
- New Principal Shared Path along the Kwinana Freeway.
- Shared path along Murdoch Drive to Farrington Road (including local connections to Hope Road and Peterborough Circle).
- New footbridge west of Kwinana Freeway over Murdoch Drive.
- Noise wall adjacent to residential properties.
For more information visit the Main Roads WA Murdoch Drive Connection project page, phone 138 138 or email email@example.com.