Local Housing Strategy
The Housing Needs Survey is now closed. Thank you to everyone who took the time to fill one out. We received more than 3,500 completed surveys, which is fantastic!The prize was drawn on Friday 28 October 2016 and the winner has been notified directly.
We're preparing a Local Housing Strategy. A Local Housing Strategy helps us plan for a better mix of housing. The data we gather will help us make decisions about where to start and what's most important.
When we’re done we’ll have a clearer idea of things like:
- What sort of housing would our seniors prefer?
- How can we reduce the cost of housing for our young people?
- How many of us need larger homes?
- What types of housing do we need more of?
Of course, there are some things the Local Housing Strategy can't do. Key points include:
- Most development will be around activity centres and transport routes. That means we won’t change the housing densities of our suburbs much
- Local Housing Strategies just make recommendations. They're not plans or controls like Local Planning Schemes
- The City can’t directly provide any housing or subsidies
For more information see our FAQs page.
If you have any questions please contact the City's Strategic Urban Planner, Will Schaefer, on 9364 0642 or email@example.com